HELP! Twin duck egg no pip day 28

Do you have any photos from when the egg was on day 3-12, by any chance? I'd like to make sure this is twins as twins need different help than a normal egg would.
It looks like there's still a little way to go for this egg, either way. Did you calibrate your thermometer? what does the temperature read?

@WVduckchick is an expert hatcher, she may be able to give her opinion/advice.
The temperature is at 37.5, and humidity 68 sometimes a little higher

Here is a photo from a few hours ago, this was when I got a video of it moving around! I am just going to wait and check on it later. 🤞🐣

Attachments

• E60C2890-F636-4CA9-8454-5DDA38B2C9B0.jpeg
    E60C2890-F636-4CA9-8454-5DDA38B2C9B0.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 25
Your egg looks to be a few days behind in development. Did you calibrate your thermometer? Since it is still alive and has active veins, I'd give him another day or two before doing anything.

Do you have any other pictures of the egg in early stages? It does not look like twins to me from the pictures you have posted so far.

The hatch is very hard with twins
Check your egg every few hours
Look for any bruises on the egg if you see a bruise then make a small safety hole in the middle of the bruise
With two they run out of air fast and that’s how I lost mine at the end
You can’t hesitate
When they are ready to hatch the air cell will dip forward , babies will shadow along the air cell
Look for breathing movements
Flickering here and there is normal movement
Breathing is up and down in a pattern
You can see the difference

Your egg looks to be a few days behind in development. Did you calibrate your thermometer? Since it is still alive and has active veins, I'd give him another day or two before doing anything.

Do you have any other pictures of the egg in early stages? It does not look like twins to me from the pictures you have posted so far.
x2, agree with all this.

Got up this morning and still no internal pip! Still moving, but usually I see moving all around the egg, but now only one side of the egg has movements.

Here is a photo from this morning:

Attachments

• 672E92FD-11A9-443B-882A-6ABC90F1FCE9.jpeg
    672E92FD-11A9-443B-882A-6ABC90F1FCE9.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 23
Got up this morning and still no internal pip! Still moving, but usually I see moving all around the egg, but now only one side of the egg has movements.

Here is a photo from this morning:
Mine tried to hatch day 23 -24
So 29 With twins seems a bit off as they would run out of room earlier then a single egg
Was this egg much larger then the other eggs ?
I weigh mine my twins were 98 and 104 but regular eggs are 70-74 sometimes get to 78
Has your air cell dipped forward yet ?

No, sorry I did not calibrate my thermometer? Was I meant to do that? What happens if I don’t?

I’m new to hatching and I got given the incubators to borrow, because the hen was not broody anymore and wouldn’t sit on the duck egg. So I put it in the incubator and it successfully hatched! Here is a photo of him… he is 3 and a half weeks old now…

Attachments

• B1E17461-2F4E-4CD4-BC01-55C5AFF2BA4E.jpeg
    B1E17461-2F4E-4CD4-BC01-55C5AFF2BA4E.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 23
Mine tried to hatch day 23 -24
So 29 With twins seems a bit off as they would run out of room earlier then a single egg
Was this egg much larger then the other eggs ?
I weigh mine my twins were 98 and 104 but regular eggs are 70-74 sometimes get to 78
Has your air cell dipped forward yet ?
Yes. The air cell has gotten much bigger, I have been tracing it with a pencil and today I think it has grown. I just weighed it and it says 84 grams.
This egg is only a tiny bit bigger than the other one.

Back
Top Bottom