Help! Unsure of breed or gender!

Attachments

• F9F1E975-74A5-48AC-B76C-5428A68DE4A5.jpeg
    F9F1E975-74A5-48AC-B76C-5428A68DE4A5.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 4
That's a hard one to answer.... it depends. I have six roosters who get along perfectly, but I have 65 hens and LOTS of room. If the boys grow up together they tend to get along better... but it's not a guarantee. It helps if they have plenty of hens to share, more than one feed and water station, and room to get away from each other. For most roosters that's enough to keep the peace between them. But once in a while you'll find a boy who just can't get along with another male.
But... even if they DO get along, they occasionally will still have little scuffles, but it shouldn't be anything major.
Idk, a lot of it really is just a wait and see how they do kinda thing. :idunno

That's a hard one to answer.... it depends. I have six roosters who get along perfectly, but I have 65 hens and LOTS of room. If the boys grow up together they tend to get along better... but it's not a guarantee. It helps if they have plenty of hens to share, more than one feed and water station, and room to get away from each other. For most roosters that's enough to keep the peace between them. But once in a while you'll find a boy who just can't get along with another male.
But... even if they DO get along, they occasionally will still have little scuffles, but it shouldn't be anything major.
Idk, a lot of it really is just a wait and see how they do kinda thing. :idunno

Awesome! Thank you for your response and information.

I already have 7 full-size mature laying hens of various breeds and now these four little bantams. Hopefully my boys will “play nice” with each other so everyone gets along. :)

Back
Top Bottom