HELP UPSIDE-DOWN CHIKING

Viktoria07

Hatching
May 6, 2023
I have ben Incubating baby chiking eggs for 21 days now and the first one hatched a couple of hours ago, it was doing just fine when i left it, but when I came back it was laying upside down on ist back. What am I supposed to do??? I can't open the incubator bc the other eggs haven't hatched... but is it okay to lay on its back for a longer period of time???
I haven't incubated eggs before and have no idea what to do.

I have ben Incubating baby chiking eggs for 21 days now and the first one hatched a couple of hours ago, it was doing just fine when i left it, but when I came back it was laying upside down on ist back. What am I supposed to do??? I can't open the incubator bc the other eggs haven't hatched... but is it okay to lay on its back for a longer period of time???
I haven't incubated eggs before and have no idea what to do.
Its best not to leave them on their backs, if this baby hatched a couple hours ago it should be dry, even if not fully fluffed up.
I'd open the incubator quickly and check, if he is dry to the touch, go ahead and put him in the brooder so that you can monitor him. Just ensure the incubator humidity goes back up, don't leave the lid open too long, it'll be fine.

Chicks sleep a lot after hatch, this is normal, but when they fall on their backs and can't correct themselves, they may need a little extra help finding their balance.

Its best not to leave them on their backs, if this baby hatched a couple hours ago it should be dry, even if not fully fluffed up.
I'd open the incubator quickly and check, if he is dry to the touch, go ahead and put him in the brooder so that you can monitor him. Just ensure the incubator humidity goes back up, don't leave the lid open too long, it'll be fine.

Chicks sleep a lot after hatch, this is normal, but when they fall on their backs and can't correct themselves, they may need a little extra help finding their balance.

Thank you so much, I took it out and it was dry so I put it in the brooder, and it's doing fine now. And the humidity went back up in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom