HELP! URGENT: Day 19 w/low humidity - KEBONNIXS

thank you! I'm dying from the cute! So far, 12 of the 24 have hatched. Three more are pipping now. I believe one isn't going to make it. IT started pipping yesterday morning and it looks like it stopped. But, the ones who have made it out seem super strong and healthy!
It does go that way sometimes. Are you going to assist or wait it out? It is often better to wait

It does go that way sometimes. Are you going to assist or wait it out? It is often better to wait

I waited and I'm pretty sure at this point its not going to make it. It's been more than 24 hours and I don't see it's little beak moving anymore. :(

Hatch Day was technically Friday but the majority (9) came on Thursday. The rest came yesterday and one came this morning. I have 16 total and 8 eggs still in the incubator. I'm going to wait another day or two and see what happens. I'll probably remove the one egg that looks dead. I most happy about my Marans eggs. I had 4 BCM eggs and two Birchen Marans eggs. Three BCM hatched one Birchen hatched! (photo below)

Only two of my Lavendar Ameraucana hatched. The rest are EEs and OEs. But, they are all cute as little buttons!

Attachments

• marans.jpg
    marans.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7
I waited and I'm pretty sure at this point its not going to make it. It's been more than 24 hours and I don't see it's little beak moving anymore. :(

Hatch Day was technically Friday but the majority (9) came on Thursday. The rest came yesterday and one came this morning. I have 16 total and 8 eggs still in the incubator. I'm going to wait another day or two and see what happens. I'll probably remove the one egg that looks dead. I most happy about my Marans eggs. I had 4 BCM eggs and two Birchen Marans eggs. Three BCM hatched one Birchen hatched! (photo below)

Only two of my Lavendar Ameraucana hatched. The rest are EEs and OEs. But, they are all cute as little buttons!
That is a good hatch!

Where can I find a manual for the KEBONNIXS 12 eggs incubator?
I found this in an amazon review:

I tossed mine because this is super simple. So plug it in and it will automatically be set at 99.5 degrees and 21 days. If you want the temp higher press and hold down the menu button until it beeps. Use the + and - to get what you want. Press menu again and it will go to days. You can not go more then 21 days but you can go less. Press both menu and - and hold to see how many days left in your hatch. And press + to use the candler.
The trough for the water. If you look at it there are lines in there. Fill up to the top of the lines to fill up one section on the inside troughs. Above for the second. You really are going to need to just play with this and figure out what works for your area and the time of year it is. When I first got this the humidity in the air was low so I was having to fill the external trough all the way up to get 45%. When we got more humid I was having to just put a little water in to get it to 45%.
When 3 days are left it will automatically stop turning but you will want to take the turner out.

Jessica

· July 22, 2020

I think your best bet would be to study the manual more. Look for a lever?

Try adding a wet sponge to the incubator to get the humidity up.
That is the problem. I have one too and the little paper manual is ridiculous. The temp and humidity don’t match the thermometer that they said to buy , to check and make sure they are right . Thinking about another brand.

Note for future ref, the temperature outside the unit affects humidity. If it's high , about ~ 75, the unit power may go off more which would lower humidity. Room temp should be about 68-74 (ideally).

Avoid opening as that lets lot of it out but basically just having bit of water in there.. avoid putting water directly on wider/rounded sides of the eggs.

Where do you put the sponge at?
In the center or as close to it as possible.

What is tricky and the one thing you really need read in the manual is regarding the exterior water fill. Under typical conditions if you fill the exterior to a 2-5 mm below the columns/lines, it should get you to about 50-55%. But when it's off from that, yet you are doing that and fiddling with the vent yet still off, adding over the lines immediately begins to fill the other section. And if its it just a little on the bottom the surface to air exposure is same as if full or almost so , therefore humidity jumps up a lot.
In the manual that is why they say don't fill over the lines until day 19. So if you have some issue where say your humidity is under 45%, manually deal with it (eg little sponge idea)

Back
Top Bottom