Help us identify our chicken

I was almost considering having him as a house rooster because he's so friendly and getting him a chicken diaper haha. He's loud but not so load to have complaints though which is good for us!!

I was almost considering having him as a house rooster because he's so friendly and getting him a chicken diaper haha. He's loud but not so load to have complaints though which is good for us!!
If you have any questions on how to do that, just ask. I'm pretty good at it at this point. I can't have chickens at all here (I actually got a misdemeanor from the city for having chickens if you can believe that!) so my house boys are kept hidden away, they are all I have and very special to me. They are inside all the time if they get outside time they have to go off the property in enclosed carriers to my dad's house and then they can be outside.

Yeah, it's a boy. You can tell from the tail instantly, no doubts. Also crowing is p.much a dead giveaway. I would not suggest a no-crow collar. Having used one, they can get stuck on things sometimes and be really dangerous.

Yeah, it's a boy. You can tell from the tail instantly, no doubts. Also crowing is p.much a dead giveaway. I would not suggest a no-crow collar. Having used one, they can get stuck on things sometimes and be really dangerous.
I don't care for them either. I tried one once and quickly gave up. They're meant to crow. It caused my roo so much stress I thought he might die just from the stress level, too. I wouldn't want something constricting my neck, so I can't really blame him for it. Now I just have a really large, really expensive no crow collar in a drawer..

My house boys proudly use their little pipes all day off and on. It's not bad though and I don't mind. They're happy boys. The diapers they wear don't go anywhere near their necks so they don't mess with their crowing.

Back
Top Bottom