HELP! Vote for your favorite BYC Coop Page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved them all. I'm amazed at how creative and resourceful people are, and how much work and forethought went into these chickenhouses! I voted for my overall favorite, but I like the idea of categories, with size, most creative, best out of recycled materials, etc etc.

Voted for top 10 and boy was that time consuming for this sloooow poke. Hope I helped and again THANKS for what you do and the rest of the group too.

Thanks to you and all the others that are voting.

Thanks to all the members who created such cool pages that will help hundreds of thousands of chicken owners for years to come!

Don't worry, we'll continue to make this process easier in the future. As some of you know, I like to "fail forward"... this process may not be the best, but it helps push us forward into better processes in the future!!!

So Nifty....since the winners will be announced soon does that mean there will be a fall coop building contest?
GopherBoys been bringing home all kinds of materials....I just happened to mention wanting another coop...if he knows there is another contest I might get 2 more!

Quote:
HAHAHA... Tiff, you freakin' crack me up! If GopherBoy is going to startup his antics again then we will guarantee a contest right after this one!
big_smile.png

Quote:
HAHAHA... Tiff, you freakin' crack me up! If GopherBoy is going to startup his antics again then we will guarantee a contest right after this one!
big_smile.png

and all the holloween stuffs out there's no telling waht you'll get
lol.png

Oh we love Halloween!! but all the sheet goods we got out of the haunted house last your was flipped around so you would never know it once was part of a halloween display.

I guess this is perfect timing...last year when it was coop building time Lance was laid off (thats probably why I got such a beautiful coop.

Well....here we are again, me wanting a second coop, and Lance got laid off last week.

lets hope he goes back soon (after the coop is at least started)

~Tiff~

barnie.gif
that is a lot of stuff to go through and a lot of feedback...I apologize for not reading all of it before making this suggestion...perhaps a contest BYC page like people's coop pages could be made, in a photo gallery section and then people could rate them all at once while looking at the thumbnails and leaving the comments for the ratings.

An example would be like the BYC blog pages, or Gallery, which is a photo album program for the web...I would post my gallery, but that feels like cheating or bragging or something. Just an idea...it's hard to enter all those urls to the ratings page, but otherwise this works as a good system...good and busy and difficult work, Nifty and all involved. I will attempt to vote when I have time....

Cool contest and nice entries!

A suggestion for future contests would be for BYC Staff to pre-catagorize the coops prior to the voting (small, large, etc). That way the judges can tackle one grouping at a time. I think it would seem less daunting, and would be easier to judge. It would also help to standardize the size catagories. I'm finding it hard to know where to draw the size line. Perhaps there could be winners for each catagory, with a grand prize winner for best overall?

How about a catagory for humble Coops made on the cheap... for those of us currently economically challenged, or who take recycling to the extreme, etc? I for one enjoy seeing examples of county craftsmanship aka jerry-rigging. Perhaps more people would share their humble creations if there was a contest catagory for them? For Coop's like these

I think it would be great to have a monthly contest; close it monthly when a certain number have entered; choose a winner monthly; if someone misses the cutoff, then they submit theirs in the next month's; the limit could be ten monthly; this way you have participation continuously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom