HELP w/Injured leg...

Kdeloren

Hatching
Feb 27, 2021
My 3 month old pulley has her right leg almost straight out in front and isn’t really able to use it much...I’d say “at all” but every once in a while she seems to get it underneath her and put some weight on it… But for the most part every time I am with her it is sticking straight out in front of her very awkwardly. From the other post that I have read through, it seems as though the first possibility is dislocation? But I am interested in whether or not people agree with this. And if you do think it is possibly/most possibly a dislocation… Could you please give us some advice for how to best check it and possibly even get it back into place.

Can you post pictures? For now while you are still trying to figure out why, I would put her in a large dog crate inside the coop where she can see the rest of the flock but isn’t putting extra strain on the leg and give her aspirin in her water for pain relief.

Can you post pictures? For now while you are still trying to figure out why, I would put her in a large dog crate inside the coop where she can see the rest of the flock but isn’t putting extra strain on the leg and give her aspirin in her water for pain relief.
I will post some pictures in about a half hour

I just posted the pictures below… Can you let me know if you can see them?

Attachments

• 1E86A0EC-ABC9-49FB-B393-F8779946FF87.jpeg
    1E86A0EC-ABC9-49FB-B393-F8779946FF87.jpeg
    774.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1935C024-A026-45C1-91DB-0E93C63E5270.jpeg
    1935C024-A026-45C1-91DB-0E93C63E5270.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 5
  • A8DE62B9-C626-4466-B51A-D3C67F1F98AF.jpeg
    A8DE62B9-C626-4466-B51A-D3C67F1F98AF.jpeg
    785 KB · Views: 5
Can you get her to a vet? That looks serious.It looks like the leg is probably badly dislocated and she may have some damaged toes. This does not look like something that will heal up on its own like a minor dislocation.

Her toes look crooked from a hatching problem There could be several possibilities for her walking on her hock, such as a slipped tendon or perosis, a vitamin deficiency, and sometimes this can be seen in Mareks disease at such a young age. I would separate here inside a dog crate with food and water, but keep her in the coop with her friends. Give her some vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet daily in food or a spoonful of water. Riboflavin or B2 deficiency may look like this. Do you know if she was vaccinated for Mareks?

Her toes look crooked from a hatching problem There could be several possibilities for her walking on her hock, such as a slipped tendon or perosis, a vitamin deficiency, and sometimes this can be seen in Mareks disease at such a young age. I would separate here inside a dog crate with food and water, but keep her in the coop with her friends. Give her some vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet daily in food or a spoonful of water. Riboflavin or B2 deficiency may look like this. Do you know if she was vaccinated for Mareks?
Thanks… I don’t know about the vaccination but I can find out from the breeder...I have separated her and she has safe food and water and she is in a crate right next to her friends…

Umm. Now that I look at the picks I’m 95% sure you have a rooster. Comb is way too red for 11 weeks and I’m seeing a lot of make hackle feathers.
That’s a really good point… Does anyone else want to chime in about this possibly being a rooster? Not that I’m any less committed to helping him…

Back
Top Bottom