HELP! Waterer Issue!

CatsCrazyCoop

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Putnam Valley, NY
Hi folks!

So, long story short, my first batch of girls from the brooder are now in a dog crate, because my coop and run construction were delayed. I only have ONE waterer. I just got my new batch of day ols girls today for the brooder.

Can I sub something out for a waterer for my older girls? Use something else??? They should be moved in to their coop/run in the next day or so - but for now, I have the one small waterer for the 2 places and can't make it to my Tractor Supply to pick up a new one... and I am also waiting on the large ones to be shipped for the coop.

HELP ME! THEY CAN'T NOT HAVE WATER!!!

Thanks much.
Carolyn

Quote:
Thanks Liz!

I actually found an extra feeder w/mason jar thingymabobby - so I put that with my girls (for tonight) and I usually freeze 3/4 full of water so it stays cool all night. Tomorrow (I finally sat down and I don't think I could get up again if I tried) I will definitely do as you suggested. I thank you, and my girls thank you
smile.png

I've made emergency waterers out of a 1/2 gallon plastic juice bottle and a bowl/casserole.

Be sure the bottle has a screw on lid. Drill/poke a small hole (1/4") near the bottom of the bottle. Hold your finger over the hole while you fill it, cap it and set it in the bowl. Be sure the bowl is higher than the hole.

Back
Top Bottom