Help, we have mites in our house!

Nashelle

Chirping
Aug 27, 2022
Hi all, I've just dealt with a mite infestation in the hen house but I seem to have taken mites home and now we're all being constntly bitten. Has anyone experienced this before and if so how can I get rid of the critters from my house?

Bomb the house.
Way back in the day before spot treatments for flea and tick control were readily available, my parents had to spray the yard and bomb the house to rid it of fleas.

Follow the instructions on the cans and get enough to treat the entire house. We used to put as many dishes in the dishwasher as possible because it had a good seal and we wouldn't need to wash all the dishes after the bombing. About 2 hours after you set them off, you go back in and open all the windows and turn on every exhaust fan you have to bring in fresh air then leave again for an hour. Then you do a whole house cleaning.

If they've laid eggs in the house, you may have to do this all again in a week to kill what hatches. I'm just not sure if the ingredients in the fogger will kill the eggs too.

If they've laid eggs in the house, you may have to do this all again in a week to kill what hatches. I'm just not sure if the ingredients in the fogger will kill the eggs too.
It says on the box, "Keeps killing for 2 months." Would that take care of eggs hatching?

@Nashelle, oh wow, what a nightmare! I'm sorry you're going through this.

Thanks for your replies. Do you mean smoke bombs and if so how many would do a whole house?

Back
Top Bottom