Help with mites! I’m not sure if they’re red mites or NF mites?

My experience over the last 5 months is DE is useless once you have an infestation. I plowed through 30lbs and it had zero effect. I wish I would have started with the sulfur and boric acid/borax from the get go. The DE put me behind the ball.

Ozone generators have saved us too! To include my work office. I tracked them here too, before I knew. Just awful. I too have the same weekend planned as you all. Again, it's groundhog day.
The whole coop, all the birds and the whole enclosure 36x15, though they free range all day. I've used bifrerin (Taklak), permethrins, spinosads, enzymes, essential oils, of course dust and dust after dust on the birds... I've spent probably $800 and at least 8 hrs a week cleaning and battling them, since week one of June and I can't win. I've never seen anything like it. I grew up in the country, helping on farms, to include my Grandpa's. This is simply baffling to me.
All I can think of is our property is infested (we back up to a river and next to fields). We've sprayed Nature's shield on all 3 acres, 4 times now. I know the dogs keep picking them up.
Something seems so out of balance, to include me, LOL! Good luck!
what was your process with the ozone machines in the house?

what was your process with the ozone machines in the house?
You have to shock with ozone generators or you run the risk of degasing finishes in your house, which can be very toxic. 30 mins on, 40 rest time repeat 3-4 times daily. Each room. The problem is you chase them from room to room is you are hitting them simultaneously. Now this doesn't mean you need 7 generators it just means you roating shocking treatments. An exterminator in Australia told me this and I believe it saved us in the beginning. Ozone generators are just one tool you must use with many others. Not sure your situation, but laundry and other animals in your home are key.

What's the sulfur and borax solution pls?
1. I am using garden sulfur >>https://www.amazon.com/Bonide-PRODU...1696277214&sprefix=sukfur,aps,170&sr=8-5&th=1
I started with organic sulfur, but I had to find ways to cut back on the money.
2. I sprinkle it everywhere, other than nesting boxes.
I am using both Borax 20 Mule Brand and boric acid from Amazon. I sprinkle it in all bedding and in my enclosure. I don't use these in nesting boxes either.
3. Armed and Hammer laundry Booster and/or baking soda has seemed to really help too. I use it the same as both Borax/boric acid & the sulfur.
4. I am mixing my pine bedding half and half with cedar chips and using cedar chips in my enclosure spaces.
5. I have been alternating between Viper and Seven dusts in nesting boxes and I rub down the roosts every evening with it. I've also used petroleum jelly mixed with liquid permethrin and coated the underside of all my roosts. I actually need to clean them and do them again.
Yes the mites got into our dogs ears. My vet has been amazing thru this. She's an equine vet, so is not the typical dog/cat vet. She said she has seen bird mites infest many different animals, at least temporarily. Mostly their ears. My dogs are on Bravecto (Flurlaner product) which has made a huge difference, though they must be bathed weekly with IGR dog flea shampoo. Originally we had to Sulfur/Lime dip them weekly too. I had to get mite eggs off animals and off/out of EVERYTHING in my house

My birds have been on and off Exzolt (Fluralaner product) for 2.5 months now. I am now treating with the S76 protocol since my birds are in molt. I've bathed them in all things, I've dusted them, I've sprayed them, but in the end using a systemic treatment was the only thing that helped beat these f***ers back.

Back
Top Bottom