HELP Weak chick won’t stand one day old

Libraryhen

Hatching
Apr 14, 2021
I had to assist a chick last night who had pipped and then not done anything for 24 hours. She had started to get shrink wrapped. I only removed half the shell and half the membrane came with it- but no blood or anything. The chick ended up coming out of the other side of the shell almost instantly though she was till attached. I left her in that part of the egg and put her back in the incubator.
it has been almost 24 hours now and she hasn’t stood up. She just lays in her side, and every now and then she pants.
I don’t know what to do. I feel absolutely terrible. This was my first hatch and my incubator had malfunctions in lock down so I lost a few eggs and one died mid hatch and another had a perfectly fine hatch and she’s doing great but this one is worrying me!!!! Help help help

I had to assist a chick last night who had pipped and then not done anything for 24 hours. She had started to get shrink wrapped. I only removed half the shell and half the membrane came with it- but no blood or anything. The chick ended up coming out of the other side of the shell almost instantly though she was till attached. I left her in that part of the egg and put her back in the incubator.
it has been almost 24 hours now and she hasn’t stood up. She just lays in her side, and every now and then she pants.
I don’t know what to do. I feel absolutely terrible. This was my first hatch and my incubator had malfunctions in lock down so I lost a few eggs and one died mid hatch and another had a perfectly fine hatch and she’s doing great but this one is worrying me!!!! Help help help

Sounds too hot, also electrolyte in their water maybe.

Back
Top Bottom