HELP - Weird Stuff on my Egg

jeslynrain

Hatching
May 20, 2016
Hello! So I have been noticing in the last few days that one of my duck eggs constantly has a yellow dried up substance on it that the others don't have. It is the color of yoke but is dried up on the egg, there is no cracks in the egg and everyday it shows up in different spots. If someone could help me as to what this is that would be great!

Hello! So I have been noticing in the last few days that one of my duck eggs constantly has a yellow dried up substance on it that the others don't have. It is the color of yoke but is dried up on the egg, there is no cracks in the egg and everyday it shows up in different spots. If someone could help me as to what this is that would be great!
welcome-byc.gif
This is an egg that you are incubating in an incubator and not under a broody right?

Yes the egg is in an incubator.
smile.png
If no eggs are cracked and the same egg is getting the spots I could only guess that the egg is maybe more porous than the other and the moisture loss is collecting and hardening on the shell as it leaves the egg.
hu.gif
That's an uncommon one there. I'd be wary of that one.

If no eggs are cracked and the same egg is getting the spots I could only guess that the egg is maybe more porous than the other and the moisture loss is collecting and hardening on the shell as it leaves the egg.  :confused:   That's an uncommon one there. I'd be wary of that one.
Do you think the egg is rotten? I wouldn't want to leave it in the small incubator I have with the chance that it could explode and contaminate tge other eggs.

Do you think the egg is rotten? I wouldn't want to leave it in the small incubator I have with the chance that it could explode and contaminate tge other eggs.
I don't know as if I would say it was rotten, but if it's "leaking" in any way, it poses a bigger threat to be getting bacteria in the egg which can lead to a rotten exploding egg. If there is no development in it I think I would pull it out.

Okay Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom