HELP What do I do once chick has fully hatched?

Chicks take awhile to fluff up in the incubator. Some people like to take the chick out within an hour and some people like to leave it in there until fried. And somepeple tend to leave it for about 8 hours.
Sorry, I meant dried not fried! hope I didnt cause any misinterpretations! You dont want fried chicks

I’m am new to this whole hatch chick thing I did try last month but I was unfortunately unsuccessful with hatching.
a friend of mine hatched two chicks out of an incubator the chick really didn’t let you touch them or let you get near them

My question is there anyway to socialize your chick more and make them okay with you touching them?
Be persistent in handling. Don't handle a ton first day then never do it again and expect them to like you. It takes time.
Tips:
Hold them for a while. They may thrash around for a while, but soon they will get tired and sleep.
Pet them while you hold them.
Take away their food and they feed them from your hand. They will learn to trust. (Just remember when you are done for the day with feeding them from your hand, make sure to put their food back!)

Be persistent in handling. Don't handle a ton first day then never do it again and expect them to like you. It takes time.
Tips:
Hold them for a while. They may thrash around for a while, but soon they will get tired and sleep.
Pet them while you hold them.
Take away their food and they feed them from your hand. They will learn to trust. (Just remember when you are done for the day with feeding them from your hand, make sure to put their food back!)
Thank you! Very helpful

Will I ever need to give a baby chick a bath or clean it In anyway these eggs are from an incubator and don’t have a mother hen with them any reply is appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom