HELP what do I do?

yes the B-complex has b1-3mg ,b2 3.2mg, niacin 20mg b6 4mg folate400 mcg b12 12mg.... what do you think about the vitamin d and e?....if so how much? anything else I need??

when and if... can I be certain its not Mareks? I am terrified for my other chickens... she is out of the flock but I understand they are already exposed... :(

when and if... can I be certain its not Mareks? I am terrified for my other chickens... she is out of the flock but I understand they are already exposed... :(

Why is mareks such a concern? I’m not trying to sound rude, just a bit confused. The mareks vaccine is a live vaccine but doesn’t spread to unvaccinated birds. I talked to my vet about this since half of my flock is vaccinated, birds bought offline, and half aren’t, the ones hatched here. The vet said that the vaccine will help lessen the symptoms of mareks in vaccinated birds and can even prolong their life. But the vaccinated ones can’t spread the disease just because they got the vaccine. They still have to be exposed to it from an outside source.

No im not worried about the vaccine!...., I am worried that my chicken has Mareks her legs are paralyzed.. I have been giving her vitamins and I have seen some improvement... some of my flock has been vaccinated and others not.... if this is Mareks will the others get it especially my unvaccinated ones? I adore my chickens....

if it is coccodosis how is that treated?.... and will DME work for worms?..
Corrid is the most common treatment for coccidiosis but there’s others out there that are used for pigeons. Corrid can’t be used with vitamins but a sulpha can and is my go to for coccidiosis treatment.
I’m unsure what DME is but I use valbazen to deworm or dewormer deluxe.

She was shipped to me 1 day old from a Hatchery she is about 6 mos, she is an exchequer leghorn, she came with 3 sisters...(they were vaccinated) then 2 weeks later I got Orpingtons from another Hatchery (unvaccinated). She has not wanted to eat much she picks at the layer feed.... she will eat prepared Malto-meal or Oatmeal but when she wants. Her poop ranges from green/white early on, to Brown loose and now lighter brown/white. She has been using her wings and flapping which she coudnt early on.... Shes been in my house for a week. I tried putting her on her feet and now she can on occasion using her wings balance squatting for a few seconds.... she has been purring a lot seems content ... not in pain. I found an egg in the coop that had to be from one of the 4 exchequers.... it could have been hers?? but they had not started laying until recently....a couple of times she drew up her legs like she was in pain when I was gently cleaning her behind touching her tail... I have checked and feel no eggs stuck tho.

here is a pix of her poop you requested.... it can look different day by day...
1697937103714.png

can worms cause paralysis?.... she will hardly drink...I have been making wet feed and offering dry.... she refuses most of the time... any ideas how to get more liquid in her? also I notice on occasion when I lift her her legs draw up and curls her feet like she has pain but I can manipulate her legs with no sign of pain??

Last edited:
can worms cause paralysis?.... she will hardly drink...I have been making wet feed and offering dry.... she refuses most of the time... any ideas how to get more liquid in her? also I notice on occasion when I lift her her legs draw up and curls her feet like she has pain but I can manipulate her legs with no sign of pain??
Possible, but not likely.

Since this has been going on for a while, I would lean toward this being Marek's disease.

Back
Top Bottom