Help! - what is this in my egg??

Aug 19, 2019
***Help needed!!***

Just gone to cook an egg from one of my 3 girlies and found this thing inside!!!! - if I had bought the egg from somewhere I didn’t know I would say it was an embryo?!

Any thoughts and advise are very welcome!!!! - I threw it out in a bit of a freak out before inspecting it which I realised I probably should have done afterwards!!

Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• 0A2A82C6-82BE-4254-91C8-9DABB37BE2AF.jpeg
    0A2A82C6-82BE-4254-91C8-9DABB37BE2AF.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 25
***Help needed!!***

Just gone to cook an egg from one of my 3 girlies and found this thing inside!!!! - if I had bought the egg from somewhere I didn’t know I would say it was an embryo?!

Any thoughts and advise are very welcome!!!! - I threw it out in a bit of a freak out before inspecting it which I realised I probably should have done afterwards!!

Thank you in advance!!
I looks like it could be a bit of lash egg material. It's a shame you didn't keep it to cut it open.

It also could be a part of the internal reproductive tract. (forget the term) Most of the time this is smaller. There was a thread a while back with something similar. Your hen may be coming to the end of its cycle and released a mass of meat material or beginning a new cycle.

Also do you have a rooster, could it be possible (doesn't really look like thought) an egg which has been brooded?

It also could be a part of the internal reproductive tract. (forget the term) Most of the time this is smaller. There was a thread a while back with something similar. Your hen may be coming to the end of its cycle and released a mass of meat material or beginning a new cycle.

Also do you have a rooster, could it be possible (doesn't really look like thought) an egg which has been brooded?

No haven’t got a rooster!
This is all very interesting I actually had no idea this could happen and thought I had read up pretty well in the last 6 months of having them!!

A lash egg is a mess of vaguely egg-shape coagulated gunk, sometimes including bits of egg and egg shell, that results from infection somewhere within a hen’s oviduct. So, even though the thing might be laid by a hen, it’s not really an egg.

Actually it’s not even a lash. The original definition of a lash egg is a soft-shell egg. This new definition came about apparently because the term lash egg is more user friendly than the technically correct term — caseous exudate. The disgusting rubbery mass also has been called, appropriately, a Pus

A lash egg is a mess of vaguely egg-shape coagulated gunk, sometimes including bits of egg and egg shell, that results from infection somewhere within a hen’s oviduct. So, even though the thing might be laid by a hen, it’s not really an egg.

Actually it’s not even a lash. The original definition of a lash egg is a soft-shell egg. This new definition came about apparently because the term lash egg is more user friendly than the technically correct term — caseous exudate. The disgusting rubbery mass also has been called, appropriately, a Pus

Thank you!! This is great info! My first thought was actually is that a soft egg in the egg?! So this sounds likes it’s very possible!
Should I be worried about the hen??
I am very tempted now to do rooting in the bin!!

Back
Top Bottom