HELP WHEEZY /RASPY PEACOCK

sshealy

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
after a really freezing cold spell ( I had only warming lights on them) my young peacocks ( 7 months) I have been hearing a raspy and wheezy noise from a couple of them ,eyes clear no runny noses eating well some loose stools not sure which ones I cant get any help here in Gainesville,Fl no vet will help I fear they are getting a respiratory problem I know Tylan 100 is for this but cant get any can someone tell me what else to do before they get worse

unfortunately my concerns for respiratory I missed the mites until the feathers were coming out and now I noticed several have lost weight more than likely due to blood loss they are weaker now too I medicated with ivermec by mouth on the 2 sickest and placed them alone also I have placed a gallon of fresh water with poly vi sol and electrolyte s that I used on them as chicks hoping to make them stronger they were already on probiotics I am very worried thank everyone for your inputs I still have not found a local vet or avarian to help

I have good news for you, there are no blood-sucking lice on peafowl although there are feather mites, the large mites only roam on the birds at night while roosting.
IMG_4098.JPG

I read the insert so the Pyrethrin spray I used today should do it I had already dusted last week with no response my concern is how skinny they were when I held onto them and they are being picked on by the healthy ones

Back
Top Bottom