HELP WHEEZY /RASPY PEACOCK

sshealy

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
after a really freezing cold spell ( I had only warming lights on them) my young peacocks ( 7 months) I have been hearing a raspy and wheezy noise from a couple of them ,eyes clear no runny noses eating well some loose stools not sure which ones I cant get any help here in Gainesville,Fl no vet will help I fear they are getting a respiratory problem I know Tylan 100 is for this but cant get any can someone tell me what else to do before they get worse

sshealy

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
unfortunately my concerns for respiratory I missed the mites until the feathers were coming out and now I noticed several have lost weight more than likely due to blood loss they are weaker now too I medicated with ivermec by mouth on the 2 sickest and placed them alone also I have placed a gallon of fresh water with poly vi sol and electrolyte s that I used on them as chicks hoping to make them stronger they were already on probiotics I am very worried thank everyone for your inputs I still have not found a local vet or avarian to help

KsKingBee

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 29, 2013
The Scenic Flint Hills of Kansas
I have good news for you, there are no blood-sucking lice on peafowl although there are feather mites, the large mites only roam on the birds at night while roosting.
IMG_4098.JPG

sshealy

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
I read the insert so the Pyrethrin spray I used today should do it I had already dusted last week with no response my concern is how skinny they were when I held onto them and they are being picked on by the healthy ones

Top Bottom