HELP WHEEZY /RASPY PEACOCK

sshealy

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
after a really freezing cold spell ( I had only warming lights on them) my young peacocks ( 7 months) I have been hearing a raspy and wheezy noise from a couple of them ,eyes clear no runny noses eating well some loose stools not sure which ones I cant get any help here in Gainesville,Fl no vet will help I fear they are getting a respiratory problem I know Tylan 100 is for this but cant get any can someone tell me what else to do before they get worse

I have good news for you, there are no blood-sucking lice on peafowl although there are feather mites, the large mites only roam on the birds at night while roosting.
IMG_4098.JPG

The dosage for Ivermec injectable is 0.20 mg/kg given PO or IM. If you want to give the Pour-On the dosage is 0.40 ml placed on the skin. We like to distribute it on the back between the wings, under the wings, above the but fluff, and a tiny drop behind the crest for the face lice. Again, on the skin not on the feathers.
IMG_3455.JPG

up date unfortunately I lost a peacock I am waiting for the results of a necropsy Its not funny I could not get help when they were sick but you can send them to the state for how they died , I am hoping to find out so a better treatment plan can be established I now have another peacock making the same noise that the other one died did so I am scared all were treated with baytril, tylosin (not at the same time )and they have been wormed, the others have stopped making the noise so the meds helped them, The peacock I lost weighed 3 pounds at death and I could not even pick him up when he was healthy he was so heavy
Thank everyone for their input and Jedds for letting me buy the medication

Don't forget to do your second round of Safeguard deworming ten days later for another four or five days. The first round kills the worms, the second day kills the eggs that hatch out after the first treatment. Do not consider the Ivermec as the first round as it is ineffective as a dewormer. I didn't see where your fecal showed any cocci so I would discontinue the Corid. Also, consider a good probiotic to help replenish the gut flora.

Back
Top Bottom