Help! Wild guinea with broken leg..

Lish333

Hatching
Apr 15, 2015
Hope anyone can give me advice..
I found a wild guinea outside with my horses, leg is totally broken at the 'ankle', foot is hanging and is backwards.
What I am hoping to find out is whether I should try to help her heal or rather not?
What must I feed her? She is scared, will she even try to eat with the stress of a human taking care of her?
I had a Indian Mynah once with a broken wing, he had no other injuries but still died, I assume the stress of being handled was too much?
My husband says I must put her out of her pain, but my heart is always crying for these animals :( she is not even fully grown yet!

Please help!*

Bless her heart. That is terrible. I wish I could give good advice but I am new to guineas. I know what you mean about having a heavy heart when they get hurt. I am the same way.

I've had a guinea and several chickens with broken legs. They will heal if kept confined where they can't move about. Usually in a suprisingly short time. Since her leg is so badly broken it probably won't heal normally. All you can do is put her in a very small cage with food and water and let nature take it's course. To try and set the bone would probably kill her. Just make her comfortable and keep us posted on her progress.
hmm.png

Hope anyone can give me advice..
I found a wild guinea outside with my horses, leg is totally broken at the 'ankle', foot is hanging and is backwards.
What I am hoping to find out is whether I should try to help her heal or rather not?
What must I feed her? She is scared, will she even try to eat with the stress of a human taking care of her?
I had a Indian Mynah once with a broken wing, he had no other injuries but still died, I assume the stress of being handled was too much?
My husband says I must put her out of her pain, but my heart is always crying for these animals
sad.png
she is not even fully grown yet!

Please help!*

How is your Guinea with the broken leg doing now ????

Back
Top Bottom