Help with 1 week olds quick!!!!!

Why add boiled egg yolk? the starter feeds has enough proteins. I would remove the egg yolk from their food source to see if things improves. Too much protein is very bad for developing organs.

The temperature seems to be fine. If you can reduce it by 1/2 a degrees to see if they will start coming closer to the lamp. This way you can be sure they are not over heating.

PUT diatomaceous earth!!!
smile.png

Siatomaceous earth kills insects by poking holes in them, causing them to dehydrate. When it's wet or taken internally (a wet place) it doesn't do anything.
I think the problem is the food. You need high-protein game bird starter (28 or 30% protein) not chick feed. Or possibly they have an infectious disease?

Local pet shop currently doesn't have game starter. First they tried selling me budgie seed... than they said some people raise quails with chooks so I took their word for it.
where do you get this diatomaceous earth stuff from????
Also they all seem to be alright appetites are right up, active as. There are just 2 I'm not so sure about.
1 is about half the size of the others and loves pecking around but also loves to sleep a lot of the day. The other is one I had to help out as it was positioned wrong in the egg. It had been trying for hours to get out and its beak had started to bleed. But it is still very sleepy and has trouble walking, its legs seem to be out the side more, almost like it has dis-jointed hips, and the legs push out the wings slightly. Tried to take some pics but doesn't like keeping still in the right position. Any suggestions on how to fix the legs?

Local pet shop currently doesn't have game starter. First they tried selling me budgie seed... than they said some people raise quails with chooks so I took their word for it.
where do you get this diatomaceous earth stuff from????
Also they all seem to be alright appetites are right up, active as. There are just 2 I'm not so sure about.
1 is about half the size of the others and loves pecking around but also loves to sleep a lot of the day. The other is one I had to help out as it was positioned wrong in the egg. It had been trying for hours to get out and its beak had started to bleed. But it is still very sleepy and has trouble walking, its legs seem to be out the side more, almost like it has dis-jointed hips, and the legs push out the wings slightly. Tried to take some pics but doesn't like keeping still in the right position. Any suggestions on how to fix the legs?

i get it from amazon

Siatomaceous earth kills insects by poking holes in them, causing them to dehydrate. When it's wet or taken internally (a wet place) it doesn't do anything.
I think the problem is the food. You need high-protein game bird starter (28 or 30% protein) not chick feed. Or possibly they have an infectious disease?
actually, it is edible and is very healthy for poultry and dogs. (DO NOT FEED TO CATS)

Rose98, can you order the feed they need on the Internet. Some places have quit charging shipping, if you search around a bit, you might find the exact feed you need, for not a whole lot of money...

Also, my dad used to tell me (about chickens), if they can not peck their own way thru their shells, it's natures way... They will not be very strong and probably won't survive if you help them.

I hope all your little babies survive and are healthy and happy tho... (My dad was pretty gruff and hardcore, he had to always say things pretty blunt to me, since according to him, I wear my heart on my sleeve...)
1f643.png

Rose98, can you order the feed they need on the Internet. Some places have quit charging shipping, if you search around a bit, you might find the exact feed you need, for not a whole lot of money...

Also, my dad used to tell me (about chickens), if they can not peck their own way thru their shells, it's natures way... They will not be very strong and probably won't survive if you help them.

I hope all your little babies survive and are healthy and happy tho... (My dad was pretty gruff and hardcore, he had to always say things pretty blunt to me, since according to him, I wear my heart on my sleeve...)
1f643.png
^ lol
tongue.png

Thanks everyone :)
Have taken care of the food matter...
Any suggestions on how to fix the legs on the one picture a few posts ago?

Back
Top Bottom