Help with 8 week polish with bloody poop

chickapeeps

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 29, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
I have four chicks all 8 weeks old. My two polish have bloody poops, one much worse than the other. The two Wyandottes have normal poops but much less active than usual. I started putting them outside about a week ago for several hours in a small pen since the weather has been so nice. Based on others' posts, I'm thinking they got cocci. I went to the feed store and picked up anitbiotics but they won't drink the water or eat their feed. All four just seem to huddle up together. They were all totally fine last night with normal poops.

My question is if I should force them to drink. I've dipped their beaks in the medicated water several times but they don't continue on their own. Not sure what to do. We've got them inside with the heater keeping their room at 85.

Any help is appreciated. We have an older flock too but we've never had a sick chick before
sad.png
I feel so helpless.

Sulmet.. an anti cocciodistat.... Not just antibiotic... Get on it quickly..

If they are with the adults this is why and you need to treat the adults as well as they are shedding.

Last edited:
I don't know if DE would help or not. As for yogurt and scrambled eggs, those are always good treats for sick ones.

Please keep us updated!

love.gif

They might not feel like eating too much, since the coccidiosis apparently gives them cramps.

Last edited:
I forgot to reply the older flock is about a year old but they are separated.

I will have to find some Corid in the morning and I will treat all of them. I just hope tomorrow's not too late. I'm not going to sleep at all tonight.

When i woke up this morning, they were all asleep and looking very tired but now they are up and moving a little more but feed store doesn't open until 9
sad.png
i hope they can make it!

Back
Top Bottom