Help with 8 week polish with bloody poop

Quote:
I wish you and your peeps the best!

love.gif

If the feed store does have Sulmet or Corrid, see if there is a vet supply in the area. They usually carry it! Coccidia isn't a bacteria, so all the antibiotics will do is kill the good bacteria.
sad.png
Our feed stores and vet supply don't carry Corrid either, so we use Sulmet, which has worked very well!

How long does it take to work? I went to the other feed store this morning and they only had the Sulmet. I was really hoping to use the Corid based on what I could find on line. Can't find a vet with it though so I will just use the Sulmet.

Just wondering if anyone knows how soon I would notice anything. I'm very hopeful based on their activity this morning. No interest in the yogurt or scrambled eggs but I'll keep trying.

Three of the chickens seem fine and are drinking the water with the medicine but the one chick with the worst poop and the most tired one is not drinking or taking any of the medicine. i am very worried
sad.png

we tried to put a little water to her break and dip her beak but she wont drink. other chickens are doing good now but the sickest wont drink he water with the medicine and is still very sick

Quote:
You're going to feel like a meanie doing it, but you're going to have to pry her beak open and put the water in her beak. If she just won't even swallow, then you might have to resort to tube feeding, which i have not done. If she doesn't get the medicine, at this point, she likely will not recover.

Back
Top Bottom