Help with a BMC foot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crzychicken, Jun 9, 2009.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    I have a chick with a foot issue one of it's toe's is web to the other it looks like the middle toe is webbed around the end toe. it walks fine just looks funny. it looks like it's only has 2 toes and I'm not sure how it will grow.

If I could get the web cut it would be fine but I'm no doc and I can't do it.

2. thebritt

thebritt Songster

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    You could decide to do nothing, if it's only cosmetic, and give it a funny name, or...
    Clean the area with rubbing alcohol. rinse with water, and do what you think needs to be done. Then apply a thin layer of Neosporin. Afterwards, keep it in a clean environment for a couple days, being sure to keep the wound clean. Should heal quickly and be fine!

3. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Songster

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I think as the toes grow it will become a problem check the search I have read a post some where on here with photos about the same problem...

4. Freckle Face Farm

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
  5. crzychicken

crzychicken Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    Wow Thank you all for the post and the link to what my chicks foot looks like, she is just for dark eggs for me and me only.. not to breed. I think Iwill try and cut the web and see how it goes from there.

6. Freckle Face Farm

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Good luck let us know how it goes!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: