Help with a seller of eggs.... Opinions needed what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittykat2003uk

Songster
11 Years
Jun 12, 2011
Gloucester, UK
Right these are messages that have passed through myself and someone on ebay. They have several feedback regarding infertile eggs. please help.

"Extremely disappointed with the batch of eggs. I candled today and out of the 20 you sent 14 are infertile and one didnt have an air sack (which i have never seen before). Just so you dont blame the bator the 9 silver spangled eggs we put in with them are all ok.

Regards

Sarah"

From them

"Obviously, as per listing, once left we can not control what happens in transit or with you. I would hope however you can get a trio out of the remainder in the incubator however. On the ones which are not fertile, I of course share your dissapointment, but can not share the liability as stated in the listing, you buy and we ship at your risk and can not be liable for the eggs once they leave us. Customers are always welcome to collect and avoid the courier system. However, on this occassion, if you return the ones that are not viable, and pay for postage, I will be more than happy to send on some more for you to try. Alternatively, if you want young stock, I will discount the amount you paid for the eggs off my normal prices for these birds.... I can't really say any fairer than that as it basically gives you your money back. Let me know what you prefer. More eggs or young birds. Thank you"

From me

"
But then there shouldnt be over half of them infertile. How many young birds would you send out and how much P&P would you charge me?"

From them
"Fertility can be affected transportation, I would suggest that is what has happened as I can testify fertility has been 80%+, I wouldn't sell them overwise. I sell in 18s generally, so if only half are fertlie, and only half of them hatch, people should still end up with a trio for under £30.... That's my aim and no secret.

I charge £30/bird for cocks or £50 pair. I am happy to supply you as many pairs as you like for £20/pair, as I've hatched loads this year. Let me know"

thanks for input guys

Eggs can be fertile and become non-viable in transit. I think the seller is responding appropriately. If you live close, I'd get the young birds because, while temperatures may be different, the mail centers, carriers, and routes between your homes will be the same. The new eggs may be as damaged as the previous.

Good luck!
fl.gif
I hope you end up with the birds you wanted.

What i couldnt understand i have almost a 100% hatch rate with our own eggs... The ones i have sent out they have had almost a 90% hatch rate
hmm.png
There are a few feedbacks over the course of 4 months where people have complained about fertility

He sounds quite fair to me.
My last lot never hatched. Never fertile. Seller refused to replace even though he said he would if he could on the listing. Take some lose some. At least he actually replied !

Last edited:
From the rules:

we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums.

Often the seller is a member of BYC, enters the thread, identifies herself/himself, and a fight starts, which is why we don't allow discussing transactions on the forum.
wink.png

However, FYI, for future reference, an egg can be fertile, yet never even begin developing due to rough handling. You might see a bullseye (no veining, just the bullseye) if you were able to gently tap the egg open with a knife, not on the counter, and lay the yolk in a bowl, then check for the bullseye. And you'd have to know exactly what you're looking for when you do that.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom