help with automatic waterer/ pressure regulator.

captainkev

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 25, 2014
Hi all. I'm pretty new here and hoping someone can help me out. I bought this kit online with a pressure regulator. Its supposed to lower the pressure to the cup which it seems like it is, the water at the cup only seems to work 5 minutes or so. If I leave it be for longer than that and touch the lever, no water comes out. If I unscrew the cup from the PVC it let's put a burst of water,I put the cup back in and it will work again for a few minutes. Any thoughts? Is it because of the way I've routed the hoses?
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...7334&category=46532&pm=1&ds=0&t=1425955313008

Last edited:
Your hose looks fine. When I was using those cups I noticed they tended to get clogged up from time to time, you might try cleaning them out to be sure their ok or switching with a new cup if you have one just to check if the cup is the problem. Also remember that those cups only fill up like in your picture if some one holds the valve open for quite a while. my girls would only peck at it long enough to drink what they wanted, the cups were rarely full.

Back
Top Bottom