Help with Breed

Olive eggers are crosses from cream legbars and marans, so if there was a cuckoo marans and an olive egger, you could end up with a crest and barring.
But would they cross at Meyer like that? I thought they did pure breed stuff for what she got.

But would they cross at Meyer like that? I thought they did pure breed stuff for what she got.
Yes. Easter Eggers are also crosses. I've looked and while Meyer does not offer bantam olive eggers, they do offer bantam green queens and bantam sage gems, which all could have feathered or clean legs, crests or no crests, beards or no beards...you get the picture.

7 weeks so probably too young for sexing but what breed? They are Meyer's bantams and I can't tell what breed they are except for the D'Uccle. My favorite but probably a cockerel. And 2 don't look like bantams at all.
1. looks like a black cochin/black cochin bantam maybe.
2. EE cockerel.
3. Maybe a silkie cross?
4. Mottled cochin bantam cockerel.
5. Looks like a olive egger or something. Pullet.
6. Mottled Cochin Bantam cockerel.
7. D'uccle cockerel.

Yes. Easter Eggers are also crosses. I've looked and while Meyer does not offer bantam olive eggers, they do offer bantam green queens and bantam sage gems, which all could have feathered or clean legs, crests or no crests, beards or no beards...you get the picture.
3 could also be one of those two, now that I think about it.

I'm seeing a LOT of cockerels- I think that 3, 5, and maybe one are your only pullets, unfortunately. Especially because cochins mature slowly.
That's what I was afraid of. It's like a locker room after a football game in the run. They bump chests and run all over each other all day long. It's funny to watch but I have limited space and just want 3-4 small hens in the back yard. I have a dozen guineas and 10 chickens on out land but 3 of the chickens are roosters so I don't want to add more to the coop.

That's what I was afraid of. It's like a locker room after a football game in the run. They bump chests and run all over each other all day long. It's funny to watch but I have limited space and just want 3-4 small hens in the back yard. I have a dozen guineas and 10 chickens on out land but 3 of the chickens are roosters so I don't want to add more to the coop.
There also pretty young so don't get your hopes up!

Back
Top Bottom