Help with Breed

That's what I was afraid of. It's like a locker room after a football game in the run.
:lau
They bump chests and run all over each other all day long. It's funny to watch but I have limited space and just want 3-4 small hens in the back yard. I have a dozen guineas and 10 chickens on out land but 3 of the chickens are roosters so I don't want to add more to the coop.
Bantams can be a gamble. MyPetChicken sells them sexed, but EXPENSIVE. it always seems that the people who don't want any roosters get almost all males, and those who are dying for a cockerel get all pullets!
An option is to make a bachelor coop. *usually*, if there are no hens, many roosters can live together in harmony without fighting.

:lau

Bantams can be a gamble. MyPetChicken sells them sexed, but EXPENSIVE. it always seems that the people who don't want any roosters get almost all males, and those who are dying for a cockerel get all pullets!
An option is to make a bachelor coop. *usually*, if there are no hens, many roosters can live together in harmony without fighting.
So I NEED another coop? I'll let my love know he gets to build me a frat coop in the back yard.

So I NEED another coop? I'll let my love know he gets to build me a frat coop in the back yard.
You don't NEED to, but it would be best.

Although if they grew up with other females, they might not be able to live "in harmony" for a while. They will need lots of space.

#1 looks like a black cochin bantam, pullet
#2 is an easter egger, cockerel..? (need better photos of comb)
#3 probably another black cochin bantam (full body photo needed), pullet
#4 mottle cochin, cockerel
#5 olive egger or cream legbar, pullet
#6 mottled cochin, cockerel
#7 porcelain d'uccle, cockerel

@EmmaRainboe
@TheOddOneOut
@Overo Mare

Do you have any other chickens?
Looks like you have 3 or 4 cockerels out of the 7 birds. Ideally, you should get rid of (or make a "bachelor coop") for all except 1 cockerel.

They look like a cute little bunch ❤️

Back
Top Bottom