Help with ducks and wormers

I just read these old posts looking for help, and have a question about wormers for poultry for anyone out there who knows about this. I just used febendazole (safe guard) on my chickens and ducks yesterday. This morning both of my ducks have this very thick, slightly foamy slime in and around their bills. I used a soft cloth to wipe it off and to see what it was and while it reminds me of slug slime, it is thicker and stickier. It is almost like nearly dried rubber cement. It 'balls up' like nearly dry rubber cement. I am really concerned that deworming them has caused some sort of damage to their digestive system and this is the first sign. They are not acting 'off' or under the weather, like they've been poisoned or something. Just this very thick slime. It seems to make it hard for them to eat or drink and they shake their heads a lot. BTW, they are free range and I can't think of anything they could have eaten that would cause this. It seems highly coincidental that it happened the morning after deworming them. Any thoughts?

I am very confused. I have read a few articles that say NOT to use any kind of dewormer on ducks and geese.

Not to use any treatment for prevention and ONLY use it when there is presence of worms.

So now what do I do?

Do I do it for prevention or not? Confusing.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom