Help with gender and age Pls Barred Rock

BlessedCountry6

Songster
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
peace, hope and country
I'm wondering if my chicks are old enough to know the sex. Here are my 5 Barred Rock, purchased from a store so I know they are mutts.
smile.png
I also don't know how old they are and was wondering if you can tell their age by the pics

With what I have read I am guessing the last one may be a boy because it seems a little more grey then the others but I am a novice. Thanks for the help!

I'd say they are about 2 to 3 weeks of age...and none of them are screaming roo.

Last one does look lighter, which could indicate roo, but it is so hard with hatchery stock as they don't follow the rules well.

Comb development will be a better indicator. Roo's will grow bigger and redder combs faster.

Post more pictures around 6 weeks of age.

Lady of McCamley

I'd say they are about 2 to 3 weeks of age...and none of them are screaming roo.

Last one does look lighter, which could indicate roo, but it is so hard with hatchery stock as they don't follow the rules well.

Comb development will be a better indicator. Roo's will grow bigger and redder combs faster.

Lady of McCamley

Thank You for the help. I will post more picks as they grow!

Lady of McCamley

X2

Back
Top Bottom