help with gender and breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by missy_cbell21, Jan 12, 2014.

1. missy_cbell21

missy_cbell21 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2009
    maysville, nc
    I have this group of birds that are about 19 weeks old now. I know I have heard early crowing sounds but can't pinpoint who it is yet. Here is a link to the pictures of them at 3 weeks old if interested. Do I need to worry about anyone laying withing the next few weeks? I don't have their nest boxes figured out yet so I hope not. Thanks for any help you can offer.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ify-if-you-could-breed-and-gender-if-possible

#1 This is Tiny Terror. I'm thinking roo. Feather footed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 This is Dot Bell. She is smaller and fluffier then the other EE. This one has a much small and differently shaped tail then the other EE. (pic bellow)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3 This is Knife Beak. Roo? Someone said partridge cochin, he is feather footed. Some of the feathers on the underside have a blue tint. Beautiful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 I couldn't get many pics of my barred rock named Count-chic-u-la but I'm sure she is a she.
    [​IMG]

#5 I love this little sizzle named Fluff Butt. So soft and nice. I am thinking roo because of the tail though. S/he is about 22-23 weeks old now.
    Doesn't it look like he's smiling?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 This is Squawk. Very soft velvety feathers. very fluffy and feather footed. Last guesses were cochin? I am thinking girl by the tail but comb is saying roo?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Black/blue one.
    [​IMG]

#7 This is Stripes. He is an EE. Has ear fluff. I know there is a name for it but I forget. Very cute. Has a very small pink comb and no sign of waddles yet.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Stripes on left, sister dot bell on right.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love the pattern on his breast.

[​IMG]

#8 This is Feather head. This little frizzle finally filled it's feathers in. Looks like a girl to me but I have no experience with this breed. She is 22-23 weeks old. Still very shy, This is the only pic I could get.
    [​IMG]

The rest are random pics because I took to many.
    What you doing?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree with the above ^^^^

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The silver laced and partridge are roosters. I don't do frizzles, but everyone else is female.

5. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Agree with donrae and CCCCCCCCCChickens.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    So do I.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Agreed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by