Help with gender on special needs chicken please!

BasicallyHeather

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Lowellville, Ohio
This is Buttons, our special needs bantam cochin/white leghorn X. Any guesses as to age or gender? She/he is our sweet little lap chicken, thoroughly and ridiculously spoiled. We'd just like to know if it's a she or he, and maybe how old she is. We have had him/her for almost a month, and the comb and wattles are darker now.

5o6nht.jpg

dcvoy0.jpg

We adore our sweet little baby, and it makes no difference to us if it's a male or female...we just get tired of mixing up the gender pronouns all the time!
roll.png

Thank you all
smile.png

I am basically heathers daughter, and as buttons owner i thought it might be useful to tell you that our Cochin banty/leghorn X does his love dance fo all the girls, including buttons. Buttons is the chicken in my avatar
big_smile.png

Last edited:
She/he is very tame, very interested in joining the flock in ranging the yard (even though it can barely walk because of its deformed legs), and our rooster does do his side-stepping "love dance" in its direction...

Close-ups:

Tail
dykrur.jpg

Legs
2vafvcw.jpg

Not sure on sex, but I think it is a cochin/sultans b/c of the crest and 5 toes...
I had a hen that was had a deformed feet that lived to be 5 and layed big brown eggs every day...

I have a special needs RIR pullet with the same disability (or so it appears). We was our rescue, and she's wonderful!

I don't think the parents are cochin/leghorn, unless they are also mixed. Niether cochins or leghorn have 5 toes or (head) crests. could you post some pics of the parents? might have some houdan or sultan as De suggested

Back
Top Bottom