Help with injury

dlw55

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2018
One of my girls has a cut on her leg. It's bleeding pretty good and the others are going after her. I put some hen healer on her, but am concerned that they will still go after her. She's by herself in the coop right now, but what should I do when it's time for the others to come in. I really don't want this to turn into a tragedy, anyone???

Have you stopped the bleeding? How deep is it? You probably need to place her in a dog pen (with food and water) inside the coop where she can see the others, but where they cannot peck the wound. Has the Hen Healer covered the wound so they cannot see the red? Can you post a picture?

Pictures would help. My mallard got an eye injury from running into a tree/post/ground (she is very clumsy) and she had a bear skin patch above and below her eye that was bleeding a bit. She was shaking her head a lot because of the feeling of it. I just put some ointment (NON- pain reliever) on the scratch, then moved her to our unoccupied birthing pen with some food and water. It's best to move her just to be safe. chickens can be really curious. ;) GOOD LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom