Help with keeping a gosling upright

MegsH

Hatching
Oct 7, 2020
Hi there,
Our geese have currently hatched 4 goslings. One was born with Spraddle leg which we treated but still falls over all the time , particularly when turning, and can’t get up. We suspect it’s neurological as well and have upped the niacin. We have been looking after him for a week now literally 24/7 because of the constant falling over. When he gets momentum In a straight line he can walk at a decent pace. It’s just the turns or uneven surfaces that he has problems with. Unfortunately school holidays are coming to an end and I will needs to leave him alone for a day while I go to work. We don’t want to give up on the little guy yet as he is happy and healthy otherwise. Does anybody know of a way- device etc - that I can safely keep him upright in for the day? Any other ideas would be appreciated.
many thanks
Megan

:welcome Could you devise a sling to suspend him while you are not home ?
Thanks for your reply. Yes I could do. Do you think he would survive in it all day. I was thinking about some sort of cardboard ring around his body attached to a harness do that if he tipped he could right himself as he wouldn’t manage to get flat on the ground. Perhaps too ambitious or dangerous unsupervised??

Back
Top Bottom