Help with my 10 week old Pekin!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MDot23, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

This maybe a long term treatment with your duckling. Pekins grow super fast and their legs just have a hard time keeping up. I use Nutritional yeast everyday for myself it’s packed with B vitamins so once your little one is up and going good you can switch over to Nutritional yeast. My flock still get it in their feed and my ducklings are getting it everyday in their starter. But you want to start with the liquid b complex when one is already having trouble. The NY will be 1 Tab per each cup of feed you use.

2. CrystaBub

CrystaBub Introducing Rosy and Posy!

Mar 17, 2018
    Shenandoah Valley
    Agree with Miss Lydia - this could be a long term treatment. My Pekin is a year old and the only thing that seems to keep her legs strong is a daily dose of the vitamin b complex liquid. I wish you the best - prayers sent! :)

3. MDot23

MDot23 Chirping

Apr 5, 2019
    Thank you all so very much!! I will update on a week, and let you all know how he is doing. I’m holding this helps him! :fl I will switch his feed to something different too, and see if that helps. Anything for my special boy:love

quackiemama likes this.
  4. MDot23

MDot23 Chirping

Apr 5, 2019
    Miss Lydia! I can’t believe my eyes today! And I’m pleased to announce that after only 3 times of giving him the b complex. My Snow is moving around so much better now! He still stumbles some but not like he was yesterday.. i know after a few more days he will be like a regular duck. You can just tell by the way his little face looks, that he is much happier. I’m so thankful for the site. If it wasn’t for the fast reply’s my baby would still be miserable and decline... And thank you all who has helped me, and my baby Snow. We appreciate it more than you’ll ever know:love

5. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    :goodpost:

DuckyDonna and casportpony like this.
  6. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Yay for your little one. I had a weak little pekin duckling with a curled up foot and she responded very well to the advice that you have been given. I still give the NY in their food and every now and then I give them some peas with the liquid B Complex just so they get the extra boost. That stuff is amazing!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Best news all day right here!! So happy to here Snow is already improving!! Yippie!!

MDot23, DuckyDonna and casportpony like this.
  8. CrystaBub

CrystaBub Introducing Rosy and Posy!

Mar 17, 2018
    Shenandoah Valley
    :wee

MDot23 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: