Help with my 10 week old Pekin!!

This maybe a long term treatment with your duckling. Pekins grow super fast and their legs just have a hard time keeping up. I use Nutritional yeast everyday for myself it’s packed with B vitamins so once your little one is up and going good you can switch over to Nutritional yeast. My flock still get it in their feed and my ducklings are getting it everyday in their starter. But you want to start with the liquid b complex when one is already having trouble. The NY will be 1 Tab per each cup of feed you use.

Thank you all so very much!! I will update on a week, and let you all know how he is doing. I’m holding this helps him! :fl I will switch his feed to something different too, and see if that helps. Anything for my special boy:love

Keep us updated on your little one please.

Miss Lydia! I can’t believe my eyes today! And I’m pleased to announce that after only 3 times of giving him the b complex. My Snow is moving around so much better now! He still stumbles some but not like he was yesterday.. i know after a few more days he will be like a regular duck. You can just tell by the way his little face looks, that he is much happier. I’m so thankful for the site. If it wasn’t for the fast reply’s my baby would still be miserable and decline... And thank you all who has helped me, and my baby Snow. We appreciate it more than you’ll ever know:love

This might be a little confusing to some. One should feed a duck food that is 55 ppm niacin, which is 55 mg per kilogram of *feed*. Purina makes two products that contain the right amount, one is Purina Flock Raiser, the other is a duck pellet. The 55 mg/kg thing is *not* referencing bodyweight. However, if a duck has a niacin deficiency, the veterinary literature I have recommends giving niacin to the duck at 50 mg/kg of *bodyweight* orally three times a day.
View attachment 1801507

This is what 1 kg (2.2 pounds) of food should have in it:
View attachment 1801510

These are feeds that contain enough niacin:
View attachment 1801520
View attachment 1801524

This one is expensive, but it is a great product.
View attachment 1801547
:goodpost:

Miss Lydia! I can’t believe my eyes today! And I’m pleased to announce that after only 3 times of giving him the b complex. My Snow is moving around so much better now! He still stumbles some but not like he was yesterday.. i know after a few more days he will be like a regular duck. You can just tell by the way his little face looks, that he is much happier. I’m so thankful for the site. If it wasn’t for the fast reply’s my baby would still be miserable and decline... And thank you all who has helped me, and my baby Snow. We appreciate it more than you’ll ever know:love
Best news all day right here!! So happy to here Snow is already improving!! Yippie!!

Back
Top Bottom