Help with my homemade incubator please!

I candles the eggs again tonight (I k ow I should wait but I'm weak! I deserve a bit of slack since I've never done this before, right?
smile.png
). Only one is showing a darker spot. The others look pretty much the same as last time. They are dark brown eggs so I decided to leave them in and I'll candle again on Sunday and see if anything changes.

Have you made a fridgebator before or a coolerbator? I talked to the ag science teacher at the high school I teach at and she has 2 never been used incubators in her classroom. We are hatching (ha ha) plans for using them this year!

Don't worry about the eggs and I usally candle the eggs on the 8th day & by then you should be able to see some kind of movement. Yes I have made a cooler-bator But never a fridgebator. I'll just have to rewire it to hook up my lights & thermostat. Both fridges have 2 shelves in them.So I could make 2 of them & sell 1 after I see how well they hold heat & humidity. But the seal on both fridges are in good condition.Just need alot of cleaning.

Last edited:
Thanks for continued info! I need it!

If you can use it, dawn dish soap makes a brand marketed to remove smell as well as clean. It's worked on everything I've used it on, including old Tupperware . Don't want the new babies to hatch out to the smell of spoiled milk:sick LOL!

I'll use dawn & bleach, But found out that it's to small for the turner to fit in.At this rate if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me and a incubator.glad everyone else is having better luck than me, LOL. Well no one is getting any eggs around here cause of the heat.It is way to hot here and all chickens have gone on "strike"
old.gif

Woo hoo! Today is lockdown and we are getting to the nitty gritty! I keep going to peek (no opening - don't have to with a whole wall made of glass!). Dang, I'm going to be up all night Friday and Saturday night waiting for these suckers to hatch! I'm going to be sloop disappointed if nothing happens! Their momma decided to go broody two days ago and is currently sitting on two eggs right now. Well see how that goes as well!

Hey, HappyHens! I had three to begin with and I candles this morning. They are light brown eggs with a mottling on the shell. And this is my first experience with candling! But, having said that there is a rather large dark mass in each of the three eggs, though one is smaller than the others. I hope at least one hatches but I'm trying not to get my hopes up (rather unsuccessfully, I might add!)

Back
Top Bottom