Help with my Peafowl!

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
I purchased 5 peafowl a couple of months ago, they are supposed to be white eyed pied. I would like to get comments and also if you tell the sex at this age.
My photos are not the best, I will try to take more and add later.
Thanks!

ImportedPhotos00026.jpg

ImportedPhotos00027-1.jpg

They are not even pied at all.. they don't show any evidence of being out of a pied breeding either.. usually birds out of pied matings have some white in the wing tips and/or chin. Those don't have ANY white.

The two in first pic are both hens, and appear to be cameo.

Second picture, the light one is also a cameo female(could be same as one of above birds?) and the colored one is an India Blue male. He may or may not have white eyed, he looks mostly normal color but some white eyed males can pass for a normal looking blue, especially if they were out of a cross with a non-white eyed.

They look well taken care of, good job.

Last edited:
The first pic, yes both females. One in the front shows white eye, note the back. Cameo. The darker one last pic, thats a male.

Dont see any sign of any pied.

Wow, thanks to you both! This goes to show , if you don't really know what you are buying someone can tell you anything!
I don't mind , I just wanted peafowl and I do think they are lovely and now I know I have a Indian Blue Male and 4 cameo females.
What will this produce if crossed or should I try to find a cameo male?

Unless the male is split to cameo(if brother to the female odds are he is) All chicks will look blue, males will be split to cameo,as cameo is sexlink.

Back
Top Bottom