5 Years
Apr 30, 2018
Nova scotia
Hey everyone just looking for segestions for my new duck house

Its 8x8 with 8 foot walls,

Mostly iam wondering about flooring and ventilation

Iam thinking of making the front lift all wire like this
20190420_120933.jpg

And a 2 foot ish wire window on the back and sides, All with shutters you can close

Plus i got 2 nice exhaust fans, But i might not have to use em.

And what about the floor? Right now its 1inch rough sawn lumber, They used that for flooring for 800 years but what do you put down?

Iam ordering a steel roof tuesday
20190414_122125.jpg
20190414_133703.jpg
20190414_133703.jpg
20190420_120355.jpg

Attachments

• 20190416_184508.jpg
    20190416_184508.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 4
We have used cheap vinyl in all out coops some been down 10 yrs still going strong I use deep litter. Great looking coop @Jpat !!
You mean vynol flooring? Nice and water proof i bet
Thanks!

With the windows your putting in you probably won’t need fans unless it’s going to be sitting out in very high temps?

Its in direct sunline about 8 hours aday but here the highest of highs is 32ish degrees or 90f

Yes roll vinyl it does keep the wood floor dry. In my Runners coop I even have it along the wall up about 2 ft because they like to back their butts up and poop on the wall having vinyl is so easy to keep clean. You may need to use a fan then you’ll just have to see how hot it gets inside I have thermometers inside my coops to keep track.

Yes roll vinyl it does keep the wood floor dry. In my Runners coop I even have it along the wall up about 2 ft because they like to back their butts up and poop on the wall having vinyl is so easy to keep clean. You may need to use a fan then you’ll just have to see how hot it gets inside I have thermometers inside my coops to keep track.
I will look out for it sounds like just what i need, And your right about the temps

Amazing me how far up the way the ducks crap. I think they laugh about it

Vents don't need to be so big and as long as breezes blow through its fine. I close off the west and North vents in winter.
Theres almost no breeze in the backyard, Its in a valley between the house and trees and almost no wind

Looking good :) I wanted to work on fort duck knox this weekend, but family is in town and I'm told I have to socialize since I'm hosting Easter dinner.

Haha yeah, i live 6 hours away from our family i plan on working on it all through easter !

Thanks, Ajy updates on duck knox?

I call mine the Slanty Shanty but mabye Duckingham palace

Back
Top Bottom