Help with new duck house

:thumbsup
Looking good Jpat!! Luv it.
Thank you!

I don’t blame you, so any given day you can just ride around and find things laying along the road.
Oh yes forsure and iam eagle eyes for ditch jewlery

I love fixing though
Recently i grabbed a wheel barrel with no handles, i used my table saw i found to cut new handles, so new wheel barrel for me

i found a copper pipe one day, i got 65$ at the scrap yard. People dont know the value of things

Dumpster diving is one of my favorite passtimes! I've found a circular saw and a nice rake on the road and a few more tools. I always stop, I'm not proud!

Youd love curbside give away week end. in NS once a year in the spring people put everything they dont want on the curb for the weekend.

last year i found 100$ just in copper scraps

Thank you!

Oh yes forsure and iam eagle eyes for ditch jewlery

I love fixing though
Recently i grabbed a wheel barrel with no handles, i used my table saw i found to cut new handles, so new wheel barrel for me

i found a copper pipe one day, i got 65$ at the scrap yard. People dont know the value of things

Youd love curbside give away week end. in NS once a year in the spring people put everything they dont want on the curb for the weekend.

last year i found 100$ just in copper scraps
When we lived in Destin, Florida people just put stuff they didn't want by the side of the road in front of their house all the time and it was gone in no time at all. Lots of good finds there at times.

When we lived in Destin, Florida people just put stuff they didn't want by the side of the road in front of their house all the time and it was gone in no time at all. Lots of good finds there at times.
Thats awesome! Everyone should do that

Finished building the duck door and windows today, Putting them up now

They are just pine with stainless steel hardware, Should last a few years, hardware cloth will be put on on the inside
20190425_140209.jpg
20190425_140215.jpg
20190425_145850.jpg
20190425_145956.jpg
20190425_132158.jpg
20190425_132214.jpg
20190425_132232.jpg
20190425_140204.jpg

I just built a house/pen combo 8x12 for 4 ducks. For the floor of the house i used a roll of vinyl flooring i had left over from a kitchen. I also did 24" walls around the perimeter as well and covered then in the vinyl. I caulked the seams with the idea that I can hose out the entire thing without getting the wood wet to keep from rot. Another product i found that's been a life saver for many things is the Flex Seal paint. I used it on the doorways, ramps, and pretty much any wood that i thought they may consistently get wet or poop on.

Here is a pic of the inside when it was about half way done but this is the idea.

27.jpg

I just built a house/pen combo 8x12 for 4 ducks. For the floor of the house i used a roll of vinyl flooring i had left over from a kitchen. I also did 24" walls around the perimeter as well and covered then in the vinyl. I caulked the seams with the idea that I can hose out the entire thing without getting the wood wet to keep from rot. Another product i found that's been a life saver for many things is the Flex Seal paint. I used it on the doorways, ramps, and pretty much any wood that i thought they may consistently get wet or poop on.

Here is a pic of the inside when it was about half way done but this is the idea.

View attachment 1751769
That looks awesome! Being able to hose it out is great

Good idea with flex seal, i have rubberized bedliner i can use

Back
Top Bottom