Help with one of my EE's eggs

crzychicken

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Hi One of my EE's seems to be having some sort issue with egg laying, she laid a very teenie tiny egg the other day and a few days before that I almost thought she was egg bond, she kept sitting in a nest off and on all dayin and out of the nest for 2 days then I found this tiny tiny egg in a nest, I didn't know who's it was that was a 4 days ago. Today I was rakeing sod out of my new garden and I let all the chickens in it to eat the bugs and this same EE had a egg fall out it was small and had a tube on it no yoke just clear stuff inside and not sealed at the end of it, than a few mins. later another one fell out this was egg shaped but not sealed at one end with clear stuff with no yoke, she was acting funny before she layed these weird eggs and after seemed fine. She did get scared by our dog earlier he wanted to play with the chickens and they freaked out I have no idea what this means .
Thank you
Jody

Yhea I think she has been lying for a while 4 months or so she is 34 weeks old

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm really not sure what to tell you except that I have an EE (not sure of the age, but I would guess around a year, at least) that recently encountered egg-laying problems. She was laying perfectly beautiful olive green eggs and then the shells started being "defective", with the large end being very rough and discolored (I was so disappointed but I love this girl anyway, she is a big "mush").

Then I found a few soft-shelled green eggs (the inner membrane, which was all that was holding the egg together, was green) which I knew were hers. Then it seemed she gave up laying altogether. But now, she is back to laying her perfect olive green eggs on a regular basis. So I think the problem must have straightened itself out, I hope, anyway.

So all I can say is that these things do happen and may work themselves out in the end. Good luck with your lovely EE!
smile.png
Genie

This is one of my fav chickens when I got her she was huge next to most of the chicke I had got we thought she was a roo for a while and she layes blue blue eggs so I'm also hopeing she works it out Thanks for the reponses it made me feel better knowing she not alone in the egg dept.

Back
Top Bottom