Help with R-Com Mini 3-egg incubator

NaJaLeHa

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Santa Clarita
Hi
I am 5 day into incubation and have had to resort to hand turning my eggs...they dont seem to be turning with the automatic turner (yes, I removed the plastic tray)...AND there is no humidity gauge on the screen...this is my first time using this incubator so i feel a little uneasy about not being able to monitor this...am I missing something? Is there a way to check?
Thanks!!

You can buy a hygrometer (can tell you temperature and humidity level). You can buy online or at a hardware store (home depot and Lowes have them). You can do very expensive or very inexpensive. There is a lot of variety and prices. Temperature and humidity are a most know while incubating for anyone, but if you are manually turning your eggs is even more important, because you are opening the incubator more times than someone with the automatic turning tray. Additionally, remember you turn your eggs only until the 17th day, then they go into lockdown, meaning you do not open the incubator until you are ready to take the little ones out. My best advice is you get a hygrometer, for what they are worth, they can save your hatch. Good luck!

X2 on the above about getting a hygrometer. With my original incubator I got a lizard/reptile one from the pet shop was very inexpensive and worked great.
Wishing you the very best of luck with your eggs.

Back
Top Bottom