Help with rotation of turner motor

cymruargie

In the Brooder
May 30, 2017
I just got a HHD 48 eggs incubator with turner all work fine, except one thing, and I wonder if anyone can give me an idea.

The motor works fine but the rotating bit is sort of off center so the rotation goes from nearly horizontal to nearly horizontal, which means the eggs will not be really turned.

Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks
JC

I just got a HHD 48 eggs incubator with turner all work fine, except one thing, and I wonder if anyone can give me an idea.

The motor works fine but the rotating bit is sort of off center so the rotation goes from nearly horizontal to nearly horizontal, which means the eggs will not be really turned.

Thanks
JC
Usually that type turner goes to about a 45 degree angle one way to about a 45 degree the other way, BUT as far as a HHD 48---I never seen in person. If the motor is secured and it is turning---I would look closely to where the little arm on the motor goes into the plastic turner rack arm and see if its like a slot or a lot bigger hole than is needed----if so then it might could be Modified to make it turn better/farther.

Did you read the reviews on this incubator? Most of the reviews I have read state that the temp etc is off on the built in meters?? Some say they have to set it in the packaging foam to insulate it enough to get the temp up correct. So do get you a extra good meter to double check the built in ones. Good Luck!!

Thanks
JC
I have same incubator. And i had same problem too. Just replace turning motor on 1/240 rpm like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220V-AC-1-2...296517?hash=item2ee78d5b85:g:N9oAAOSwWnFV-Ssg
And you should connect permanent 220v to it

The time that the turner motor is energized is the same each time and is not programmable by the user. So, here is what you can try. Slide the top back so that you can get the turner motor plug out the front in your hands and you can also see the trays. Look and see what angle the trays are at before you proceed. Be ready to unplug the motor and reach up and touch the reset button one time. The motor will come on and the trays will tilt. Unplug it in about 5 seconds and wait until you hear the relay click. Plug it back in an start over. The motor reverses itself each time (most of the time) but not always. What you accomplish doing this procedure is you control the starting and stopping angle for the trays. Remember, the motor run time is constant each cycle but you can control the position at which it starts and stops.:thumbsup

The time that the turner motor is energized is the same each time and is not programmable by the user. So, here is what you can try. Slide the top back so that you can get the turner motor plug out the front in your hands and you can also see the trays. Look and see what angle the trays are at before you proceed. Be ready to unplug the motor and reach up and touch the reset button one time. The motor will come on and the trays will tilt. Unplug it in about 5 seconds and wait until you hear the relay click. Plug it back in an start over. The motor reverses itself each time (most of the time) but not always. What you accomplish doing this procedure is you control the starting and stopping angle for the trays. Remember, the motor run time is constant each cycle but you can control the position at which it starts and stops.:thumbsup
This method works about few turning cycle. Then the problem come back

Back
Top Bottom