Help with runny poop.....ick

cabela

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
Wisconsin
One of my chicks, about 6 wks.old, EE has very runny poop, the other one that we determined is a roo does not! The only one that we feed worms to is the roo, he loves them, she has no interest! she has been eating the medicated chick feed and drinking water but seems way more laid back than the roo. He chases her around after we hold her, etc. As if to scold her, sometimes he pecks at her too. We are looking to get rid of the roo when we get our 4 new chicks soon. Anyway, anything we can give the girl for her runny poop? Are there any snacks,e tc. they like at this age? Thanks.......Lisa

Thank You for the helpful website!!!!!!
smile.png
I think it is going to be normal. It made my stomach queezy so look at all that poop, but it was extremely helpful, have a wonderful day:D

Hello. I am not totally sure, but I thought you were only supposed to feed medicated chick starter for the first two weeks. Maybe six weeks is too long and she's having a reaction?

There is a kind of poo, called cecal droppings....looks a brownish in color and it's runny and stinky. It's totally normal and nothing to worry about, as chickens do have two types of droppings that are considered normal. I've noticed, with my chicks, and I've had several batches, that some will have their cecal droppings when they get nervous or excited, and you might think she only poos that way, but she probably does the normal stuff when you're not around.

So she could be just fine.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, you know you are right, I think we need to switch their food now. Being new to this I totally forgot to look up their feeding requirements at this age! We really need to get rid of our roo, he picks on her too much! We are asking around seeing if anyone wants Cabela, the roo? He is cool, just not for us, we want layers, not chicks:)

Back
Top Bottom