Help with sex and color please

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ullmankat, Dec 13, 2015.

1. ullmankat

ullmankat Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2015
    I have a 5 month old chick. The parents are bs hen and ib father. I originally thought it was a bs male but was told it was a Spalding hen. I really would like to be sure. [​IMG][/IMG]

2. q8peafowl

q8peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2014
    Kuwait
    I think its a black shoulder hen, if one of the parents was spalding she will be spalding too.

3. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Definably not bs hen. Mom is bs no green on her. This baby has green and black on neck. Someone suggested it might have Spalding blood lines because of black and green on neck

4. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    This is mother

5. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    The this chick even had a few spots of black starting to show on the front of neck

7. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Here are my BLUE black shoulder spalding hens :

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Only one is blue black shoulder .... others are blue black shoulder splading ! My BLUE bs spalding are looking brown but they are BLUE spaldings !

[​IMG]

8. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    I'm very confused about this chick. The people I got from day they only have ib, bs hens, and ib/bs. But then also said they had a few cream color random over the years. This baby doesn't look like any I saw at there place but their birds free range and there were quite a few adult birds. I'm really trying to find out so I know what to try and buy to give it a friend since my others are matted pairs and I would like to introduce some new blood.

9. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    Sorry spell check likes to change words

10. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    Dany12 I feel like it looks like the birds at the front of the group picture but with less green. It gets a little more every couple days but not so much yet. Is it possible like I was told it could be be sane as yours? This is our first baby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by