Help with sex and color please

ullmankat

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2015
I have a 5 month old chick. The parents are bs hen and ib father. I originally thought it was a bs male but was told it was a Spalding hen. I really would like to be sure.
[/IMG]

Definably not bs hen. Mom is bs no green on her. This baby has green and black on neck. Someone suggested it might have Spalding blood lines because of black and green on neck

Here are my BLUE black shoulder spalding hens :

Only one is blue black shoulder .... others are blue black shoulder splading ! My BLUE bs spalding are looking brown but they are BLUE spaldings !

I'm very confused about this chick. The people I got from day they only have ib, bs hens, and ib/bs. But then also said they had a few cream color random over the years. This baby doesn't look like any I saw at there place but their birds free range and there were quite a few adult birds. I'm really trying to find out so I know what to try and buy to give it a friend since my others are matted pairs and I would like to introduce some new blood.

Dany12 I feel like it looks like the birds at the front of the group picture but with less green. It gets a little more every couple days but not so much yet. Is it possible like I was told it could be be sane as yours? This is our first baby

Back
Top Bottom