The only fish antibiotics I've ever seen at stores like TSC were Amoxicillin or Penicillin - these are not effective against respiratory diseases.

There's a reason why Carol and I have suggested what we have.

If you have a good relationship with your vet, maybe they call in a script without seeing the bird?

The only fish antibiotics I've ever seen at stores like TSC were Amoxicillin or Penicillin - these are not effective against respiratory diseases.

There's a reason why Carol and I have suggested what we have.

If you have a good relationship with your vet, maybe they call in a script without seeing the bird?
I am on hold with tractor supply it seems they have Tylan 200 (price is a bit steep but If its all I can get then I will go with that.) and I am about to call the country store and see. if all else fails I can see if my boyfriend can call his farm vet and see if they can call in a script for the chicken. Just want to try and get something sooner then a week from now.

Tylan200 would be a good start.
Thanks for all the help by the way. I am currently waiting to see if my boyfriend will call his vet for me to find out if he can get a prescription for me. Unfortunately he is at work so I feel like I am stuck in limbo. since its like $50 for the tylan 200 I want to exhaust any other sources for a antibiotic that might work better then tylan that way I am not buying antibiotics twice.

This chicken definitely stumps me though, for a respiratory disease she doesn't seem to have a whole lot of symptoms in her lungs, no coughing, no sneezing, no rales, or even raspiness when she swaks at me when I hold her head to force feed her. Just a really swollen head and throat and a bunch of mucus and scabs. I sure hope she gets better soon.

Some pictures of eye while its pried open, so far besides white runny mucus, nothing has been able to be squeezed out and while I hold it open (as you an see) it appears to be a bunch of swollen tissue in her eye making it that big, not a bunch of puss or anything. so far nothing caked on her eyelids besides some dried mucus but even that has not plugged her eye. squeezing the swelling at the front of her eye made a bunch of mucus come out of her nose and a little out of her eye.

eye5.jpg
eye7.jpg

eye2.jpg
eye3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom