Help with sick chicken

PaulaBt

Chirping
Feb 12, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

My RIR is lethargic, has very dark green, runny poop and isn't eating and not drinking very much. I know the attached photo is a bit blurry but this is her vent area. I soaked her in warm water for about 10 minutes and I checked for a stuck egg but it isn't that. I gave her antibiotics yesterday and today. I purchased a dewormer today, too and gave her some of that. I have been using a syringe to give her some food and water (which contains the antibiotics).
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? She looks as though she is on death's door and I just don't know what else to do. She is laying right down to sleep, too.

tia
Paula

Last edited:
Greetings form Kansas, Paula, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Sorry to hear about your sick bird. You might try posting in the Emergencies Forum here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
Hope you get some helpful advice. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

IF she doesn't have worms, and doesn't need an antibiotic, they could make her worse instead of better. Is it possible to take her to a vet? If you do post on the E/R threads - please know when you go offline they aren't able to get your attention.

Hi Paula and welcome to BYC. I hope that the folks on the ER forum can help you out.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear your girl is ill, I hope the ER members or a vet can help her out.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom