Help with soundproofing

Pics
I've read all the other comments. I'm wondering. There are some breeds that are more quiet? I just don't think it's that big of deal. My girls don't make that much noise. They are quiet in the evenings and in the morning. They talk sometimes, like when someone lets their dog bother them along the fence. Yes, a little when they lay an egg. No biggy. It's like a car going by. I do know for sure, do not to close the house in, they NEED ventilation. I wish I lived nearby. I'd show you what a girl can do. and give you confidence, so you can do it too. I like the idea one person said, have home depot cut the plywood for you. They did that for my first one. If your city says it's okay, then it's okay. Thanks for caring. But, give your girls a good house, and enjoy. They might have a cat that uses your yard, who knows... relax.
I’ve got one kind of a loud mouth, it’s just her personality. 😂 I’m not willing to sacrifice ventilation. Yep, it’s totally legal here. Someone who’s got to be miles away has a rooster. I heard it at 5am this morning and rooster aren’t allowed, so I really shouldn’t worry. I’m less anxious about it now, thank you for responding.

If a radio was louder than a chicken I would found it INCREDIBLY irritating.

Other people's radios are one of the things I hated most about living in town.
I think it’s supposed to be on softly for the chickens. Not loud enough to blast over the chicken chatter. No one plays loud music here, but at my parents house the people living behind them were VERY loud. They had both roosters and loud parties with blaring music pretty music most weekends. This is probably why I’m so worried about annoying my neighbors, it was the worst. 😂

I think it’s supposed to be on softly for the chickens. Not loud enough to blast over the chicken chatter. No one plays loud music here, but at my parents house the people living behind them were VERY loud. They had both roosters and loud parties with blaring music pretty music most weekends. This is probably why I’m so worried about annoying my neighbors, it was the worst. 😂
We leave a radio on in the barn. Its supposed to help keep bears away. Don't know if it works, but since moving the chickens' pasture area next to the barn, there has not been an issue with bears knocking the electric fence down. The fence always stopped them, but you could see where they ran into it.

these are the things I have learnt soundproofing a cock:

- Insulation and wood hardly do anything

-holes really let a lot of noise escape but are needed for ventilation

- the best sound insulation I have used has been made out of double glazed windows - the vacuum in the glass really muffles sound well

- accoustic muffling foam would in theory be best but it is ridiculously pricy

- keeping the cock in a low box where he cannot stretch his neck all the way up muffles the sound

The cheapest and still very effective material to use is cardboard egg crates. Line all of the inside with cardboard crates. The triangle shapes help break up and muffle the sound like accoustic foam.

Back
Top Bottom