Help with starting up

PoultryPotts

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Southwest IN
I recently got a black austrolorp rooster and want to hatch chicks but i dont want my hens to go broody so i figured a incubator would be the way to go. I dont have one so any suggestions on wat kind of incubator would be helpful. Thanx for help or tips.

Well, whether you have an incubator or not, unfortunately the hens will do what they want, and if they want to go broody, they will.
hmm.png
And usually when you don't want them to is when they will, and vice versa!
wink.png

But as to your questions, I LOVE my Hovabator genesis (model 1588). I have seen Brinsea Octagons recommended alot, but I've never used one.

I'm really new at incubating/hatching, as I've experienced a solo chick hatch under a broody (my first GrandChick!) on 6/26 and 6 out of 7 eggs hatch in an incubator this past Saturday. THAT new.

But, if you don't want to try to do too many eggs, I highly recommend the Brinsea Mini Advance. It holds 7 eggs and it is foolproof. Really. Look at me. My very first time. I didn't candle any of the eggs. It has an automatic egg turner that automatically stops turning the eggs for lock-down. One sale, online, now at Brinsea for $119.99. http://www.brinsea.com

Back
Top Bottom