Help with this rooster please!

This are some of the chickens I have but the black ones are females and don’t know if they are 100% silkies. let me know guys what do you think!
These are much better examples of silkies than that male. I wouldn't say they are perfect, but with good, properly colored males, you could get some nice chicks out of them. And they are cute!

The brownish ones look like they might be non bearded partridge Silkies. They are supposed to be a little more difficult to breed for correct color pattern. The blacks look bearded and yes 100% Silkie, as far as I can tell. I prefer bearded over NON but both are considered acceptable. Chicks will be bearded if bred bearded to non since it is the dominant gene.

Pick the ones you like for breeding... Make sure they have 5 complete toes and dark combs. White toe nails are not preferred, but sometimes you gotta start somewhere and work with what you have. I also like the comb to uniform with NO sprigs (extra pointy things). Make sure there are NO straight combs. Which wouldn't always mean not pure but could be that one or both parent have hidden faults. Spread the wings out to look for the axial feather and make sure they don't have split wing... IF these things are important to YOU. All must be feather legged and crested.

I agree, cute birds! :love

Thanks for the help guys! I will fine a better rooster and will star my project to perfection!

Back
Top Bottom